[uae] Re: Wrong colors at startup sequence and emulator hang

  • From: Gingat Florent <fgingat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 23:22:19 +0200

On 6/7/05, Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Gingat
>
> On Tuesday 07 June 2005 06:29 am, Gingat Florent wrote:
> > I use Gentoo 64BIT and e-uae compiled in 64bit
>
> I'm not aware of any problems with this configuration, but, as I said, I'm
> unable to test this. I don know there are a couple of guys on this list with
> AMD64s who may be able to offer some suggestions.
>
> >  For infos i can use uae compiled the same way
> > (with gentoo compilation is automatised with compilations variable
> > defined for all the system so compilation options are the same for uae
> > and e-uae)
> >
> >  I'm sorry if i cannot tell you more about this problem ..
>
> Can you tell me what configuration options were used when building?
>
> >  Another problem i have is that if i enable sound my workbench is
> > really slow ... if i disable sound wy workbench is so speed that i
> > cannot double click .. i need to select open :p
>
> That's odd. You haven't got 'adjustable' CPU speed set have you? If so, try it
> with cpu_speed=max or cpu_speed=real.
>
> >  So does the sound need improvement for being really usable or may i
> > have a problem with sound in my system ?
>
> I don't know. Which sound output system are you using? Is it built against SDL
> or OSS or ALSA?
>
> > I've tried with different kickstarts versions ( i own a1200 and a500
> > so i cannot use another kickstarts) and with different memory and cpu
> > configurations .
>
> I doubt the ROM image would be the cause of the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Rich

Ok for the infos ...

 For the moment i've reinstalled windows98 for use winuae
(sorry but protracker is more more attractive than Gentoo for me :p )
 But i think this weekend  will reinstall a gentoo ... but i think in
32 bit mode .. i hope i can have JIT in e-uae 32 bit .

 Thanks again and i will tell you if problems are here in 32bit