[uae] Re: Will there be a upcoming E-UAE release?

  • From: Rubén Martínez <ruben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:19:11 +0100

Hi all,.

> >Mounting a CD-ROM under unix and making the path available doesn't
> >count, presumably?
>
> I use E-UAE on Mac OS X now, but some of my Macs will soon be
> Linux (openSuse).  So I'll try this suggestion.

Surely you know that Mac OSX is Unix too, and you can use many of these
workarounds from a Terminal window (which is just the Mac name for a Unix
shell).

> (the whole rest of the thread)

I have to say I like the WinUAE approach, of having everything built into just
one app. I come from the Amiga (1987-1992) and Unix (1990-present) worlds. But
I keep getting older, I have a family, a lot of work, and less and less time to
indulge my geeky side. I tend to favor packaged "all in one" solutions now. I
sympathise with some of the original poster's concerns, if not all of them.

Then, I fully realize that WinUAE, UAE and E-UAE are the hard work of very few
individuals, and it's for them to decide. So far, I'm mostly happy using E-UAE
on OSX, with Hi-Toro as a frontend. Not perfect, but I'm thankful for what I
have, especially since I no longer have the time to contribute any work myself.

That said, how about an online "to-do" list, with priorities and weights (set
by the developers) and a vote count (set by users)? That way the developers can
gauge the demand for specific stuff, although it's ultimately up to them to
choose how they want to invest their time.

Just a thought.