[uae] Re: Will there be a upcoming E-UAE release?

  • From: "Klaas." <kplists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bernd Schmidt <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:09:12 +0100

Op 24-nov-08 schreef Bernd Schmidt:

>Klaas. wrote:
>> Op 23-nov-08 schreef Bernd Schmidt:
>>
>>> UAE and E-UAE are multiplatform.  WinUAE has chosen not to be.

>>> Needed for what?  What's the goal, or to repeat my question, what do you
>>> need that UAE or E-UAE don't already have?
>>
>> Actually E-UAE needs at least 2 things that I would enjoy:
>>
>> -  working CD-ROM support

Bernd,

Yhank you for your answer.

>Mounting a CD-ROM under unix and making the path available doesn't
>count, presumably?

I use E-UAE on Mac OS X now, but some of my Macs will soon be
Linux (openSuse).  So I'll try this suggestion.

>With hard disks as cheap as they are, can't you just copy all your Amiga
>CDs to HD?

That's a thought. Bought some for my video's, but this had not occurred
to me.

>> -  a way to spend less CPUtime when it is idle.

>The latest version of the UAE tree has some code for this.  Have you
>tried it?

No not. This includes making changes to the code I presume.
Might be doable for someone who has been a programmer for
more than 40 years. Is there some documentation?

Thank you Bernd!

greetings,
  Klaas Punt