[uae] Re: Will there be a upcoming E-UAE release?

  • From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:17:50 +0100

Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> Verily I say unto thee, that Bernd Schmidt spake thusly:
>> Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
>
>>> 7. Use HDToolbox in the host to partition the new hardfile
>> Why partition it?  Create a new hardfile for every partition you want.
>
> I mean a single partition on an RDB hardfile. Creating a "blank"
> hardfile with dd and parted (for the "amiga" disk label) results in a
> device that is unrecognised by uae; HDtoolbox and format. There's just
> nothing there.
>
>> In summary, all you really need is step 2.  Then, with UAE-0.8.27, click
>> on "New hardfile" under the "Harddisks"
>
> e-uae-0.8.29-0.11.wip4 doesn't have that option at all. I found
> UAE-0.8.27 here:

That's E-UAE-0.8.27.  UAE-0.8.27 is my tree, from which all the other
trees have diverged.  It's at the supposedly official UAE site:
 http://www.amigaemulator.org/
which is maintained by Stefan.

It's a bit unfortunate that E-UAE has chosen to continue the same
version number scheme, it's easy to cause this kind of confusion.

Bernd