[uae] UAE works with aRts 1.2

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 00:16:20 -0500

Hi All

Just in case anybody's interested . . .

I've just upgraded to KDE 3.2 and aRts 1.2, and this seems to have cured my
problems with aRts audio (using UAE's SDL sound driver). With previous
versions of aRts, UAE would segfault the second time the aRts sound channel
was opened (aRts seemed to be leaking memory on closing - I was never able to
pin down the problem precisely). Well, this no longer occurs with aRts 1.2.

Of course, aRts audio is dog slow and I wouldn't really recommend to use it
with UAE - but at least now, it seems, we have the option. ;-)