[uae] Re: UAE + Partitions

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:03:37 -0500

Hi Krystian

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 06:07 am, Krystian Bacławski wrote:
> Is it possible to use amitlon partitions or amiga formatted hard disk
> with uae ? WinUAE does have this feature.

It should be possible to do both. You simply need to mount the device node
corresponding to the disk or partition as a hardfile (or an RDB hardfile in
the case of an Amiga disk or Amithlon partition). So, in your config file,
you would use the 'hardfile2=' option with the device node (e.g. /dev/hda6
or /dev/hdb or whatever) instead of the hardfile filename.

However, my version of UAE still has a 2GB limit on the size of a hardfile, so
this feature will probably not be terribly useful yet. (I must fix this. I
have been saying that I'll fix for ages).