[uae] Re: ToDo list

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:12:03 -0500

Hi Keith

On Saturday 13 March 2004 02:09 am, Keith G. Robertson-Turner wrote:
> I know nothing about OS X, other than what I've heard, specifically that
> it isn't a full UNIX implementation and therefore lacks certain
> "taken-for-granted" services. Historically, cdrecord uses the [sg]
> abstraction to communicate with devices ("real" SCSI or otherwise), but
> more recent versions can use the host's native drivers for real SCSI. If
> OS X is missing sg, then is it using a proprietary abstraction for ATA?
> and if so what? That's the key to the solution.

libscg supports OS X. It uses OS X's IOKit framework to talk to your CD/DVD
writer. My problem isn't with libscg - it's that OS X won't recognize an
ATAPI device at all (it won't report its presence even as CD-ROM drive, let
alone as a writer). It probes the device at boot-up - but for some reason
doesn't recognize it.

UAE with libscg already seems to work partially on OS X. The problem is
probing for devices. For instance, Jens said on his machine it was reporting
the same drive 16 times . . . I need a device that'll work with my machine to
debug this.

> Can't you hook into Quartz in fullscreen modes?

SDL already does.