[uae] Re: Test binary for Linux/x86

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:34:58 +0200

Am Samstag, 31. Juli 2004 09:40 schrieb Richard Drummond:
> Hi All
>
> Grab a test binary from:
> http://rcdrummond.net/uae/test/uae-linux-i386-20040731.bz2
>
> This should fix the date-stamp problems with the virtual filesystem and
> allow you to use SFS for hard files.

Hello Rich,

Great, the SFS hardfile stuff works. But I still have wierd issues regarding
file datestamps... See the file ".folders" from one of my YAM message bases.

This is how Linux sees it on the CD:

martin@deepdance:~$ ls -l /cdrom/Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/.folders
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root         1855 2004-05-31
14:48 /cdrom/Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/.folders

This is how the emulated Amiga sees it when I copy it "rsync" under Debian
Linux to one of its virtual filesystems:

5.System:> list Messages:YAM/Lichtschiff/.folders
Directory "Messages:YAM/Lichtschiff" on Samstag 31-Jul-04
.folders                          1855 ----rwed 31-Mai-04  13:48:05
1 file - 9 blocks used
5.System:>

There is already one hour difference. The same goes for any other file from
any virtual filesystem. So the directory Amiga in my linux home directory
which is mounted unter "Martin:" on the Amiga according to Linux is 13:49.
But according to Amiga its 12:49.

But it even gets wierder:

This is how the Amiga sees the ".folders"-file on the CD:

5.System:> list  Lichtschiff-CD:Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/.folders
Directory "Lichtschiff-CD:Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff" on Samstag 31-Jul-04
.folders                          1855 ----rwed 31-Mai-04  12:48:05
1 file - 1 block used

So this is even another hour less.

But then at least when I copy this file under the Amiga the time stays the
same:

5.System:> copy Lichtschiff-CD:Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/.folders "" clone
5.System:> list .folders
.folders                          1855 ----rwed 31-Mai-04  12:48:05
1 file - 9 blocks used

So who actually shows the correct time? I am just booting my real Amiga to
check the time of the file on the CD from it:

Actually the Amiga side is right: My A4000 says that the file really is
12:48:05!

So to be on the safe side for now, I will copy the whole message base stuff to
the SFS hardfile partitions I created for it. It seems to be the fastest
alternative anyway. (See my other mail regarding speed tests).

Now it would be interesting to know why Linux insists that the file is one
hour later. What does it assume regarding the timestamp of the files on the
CD? Does it assume UTC? Or does it assume any local time? I can imagine that
it assumes UTC time. While the Amiga assumes local time, but that would mean
2 hours difference in central european summer time while there is only one.

Regards,