[uae] Re: Supporting a second mouse

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 14:09:31 -0400

Hi Daniel

On Sunday 14 May 2006 04:17, Daniel Pimley wrote:
> I've had a suggestion from a user that E-UAE should support mapping a
> second host mouse to the Amiga gameports, much as it currently
> supports mapping two host joysticks. Apparently it's necessary to use
> two mice, in gameport 0 and gameport 1, to play the games Settlers
> and Battefield / Historyline in multiplayer mode.
>
> How difficult would it be to interrogate the host system and discover
> if there is a second mouse attached?

It's not possible using SDL, for example. Similarly X only supports one mouse
(actually, you can plug in and configure more than one mouse, but they all
move the desktop mouse pointer). So it's certainly not going to be
straightforward.

Supporting more than one mouse would require platform-specific methods of
reading mice. I don't know if or how this is possible on OS X. I'll need to
investigate.