[uae] State of the nation... or something

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 03:10:32 -0500

Hi All

First off, apologies for being a bit quiet around here lately.

Secondly, a belated happy Mid-Winter festival all-round, felicitations for the
New Year, etc., etc.

Thirdly, I'm itching to call E-UAE 0.8.27 a done deal and to officially start
development of the next version. I realize there are still problems, but I
think this is as stable and as compatible as we're going to get for just now
- I want to start incorporating some of the bigger changes I've been working
on and address some of the bigger problems.

The final thing I want to add for the final 0.8.27 release is some useful
documentation, and I've been working on this recently. Have a look at:
http://rcdrummond.net/uae/test/configuration.txt

Note that this is still a work-in-progress: it's not complete and it's not
pretty. However, I would like some feedback on whether this is
understandable, correct, etc. I'm not trying to document all options just
now, just the core options that make UAE useable. If there's anything you
don't understand, is clumsily worded or is just plain nonsense, please let me
know. All contributions welcome. ;-)

Slainte Mhath,
Rich