[uae] Re: Source code snapshot - bsdsocket problems

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:27:10 -0500

Hi Stephen

On Thursday 09 September 2004 07:44 pm, Stephen Anthony wrote:
> I've found that using IBrowse causes more frequent crashes than any
> other browser.  Using AWeb on the same pages tends to make the crashes
> happen less often, but they eventually happen there as well.  It's a
> very difficult thing to reproduce.
>
> Maybe IBrowse is stressing some different parts of the networking code??

It may actually be that heavy browser cache usage is stressing the virtual
filesystem - which is known to have problems and desperately needs to be
debugged.

This is a job for another day, however.

You could try making a small hardfile to use for hosting the browser cache.
Maybe this will improve stability.