[uae] Re: Source code snapshot 20060318

  • From: fari mueller <farimueller@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:20:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Richard,

it took a while but now I had some time to try your
new Source Snapshot. Alas, the tearing is still there
so it doesn't seem to work.
In order to make it run I opened a shell as root and
compiled your snapshot. Then I executed 'export
SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dga' and added 'gfx_vsync=true' to my
.uaerc. After that I launched uae which showed the
right CVS version after it came up, so it installed
correctly. The DGA driver also seems to work since UAE
immediately switched to fullscreen after I deselected
the 'Pause' button, something he didn't do before.
So I wonder what can be wrong. I doubt that it has
something to do with my DGA, as XMAME is using it with
VSYNC support. May be it is the SDL implementation of
DGA, since XMAME has an own DGA driver as far as I
know. However I'm not limited to DGA. Should I try
another videodriver? I have a Matrox Millenium G400
videocard, which is old but quite good and should be
able to run something else.

CU

Frank