[uae] Re: Snapshot 20070317

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:36:54 -0400

Hi Klaas

On Monday 19 March 2007 13:00, Teuntje wrote:
>    Thank you for your effort. I tested the OS X code on my G5 dual
>    with the latest updates. Worked as expected.
>    The only thing I noticed was that in reduced screen mode
>    (Ctrl-S) the Amiga pointer was limited in it's movements
>    so that I couldn't reach the button I was trying to push.
>    I normally work full screen so that maybe usual, but it
>    makes using anything other than full screen unusable for
>    me.
>    I am wondering if I use a wrong option. I'll study on that.

"Reduced screen mode"? You mean in a window - rather than full-screen?

If yes, then this is normal behaviour - unless a) "mousehack" is running or b)
you have told E-UAE to 'grab' mouse input.

More on these:

a) mousehack is a feature which synchronizes the Amiga mouse pointer with your
window system's mouse pointer and so solves the problem you are talking
about. There are two problems with it, though. The first is that, since it's
now built into the UAE "boot ROM", you need to boot E-UAE from a emulated
hard drive - not a floppy - for it to work. The second issue is that programs
that need mouse delta movements, not absolute position, won't work too well.
To see what I mean, try scrolling an an "autoscroll" screen when mousehack is
enabled. To disable mousehack, you can switch to fullscreen mode (e.g.
F12+'s') or tell E-UAE to "grab" the mouse pointer (F12+'g').

b) When E-UAE "grabs" the mouse pointer (not supported on all platforms, BTW),
the mouse pointer cannot leave the E-UAE window. Again, this solves the
problem you're talking about, and also solves the problem above with delta
mouse movements. To release the pointer, hit '12+'g' again.

Hope that helps.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/
Mail: mailto:evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx