[uae] Re: Save state not clear for me

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:23:57 -0500

Hi Antonio

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 15:46, Antonio Marcos López Alonso wrote:
> I'm having some doubts about how to save state in e-uae:
>
> 1) First of all, I edited my .uaerc file and found the
> "unix.savestate_path" parameter. Is this supposed to be the directory in
> which I'm intending to save the state files?

Yes. But see the answer to 2) below.

> 2) The "statefile" parameter should be equal to the full name of the state
> file (i.e. foo.uss) or just the basename (i.e. foo)? And should it contain
> the full path to this state file?

At the moment, if you specify just "foo.uss", then it will be saved in the
current directory. If you want in the savestate_path then you need to
specify "$(FILE_PATH)/savestate_path". Alternatively, you can use an absolute
path.

This behaviour will change, however. The desired behaviour is that when you
specify "foo.us" it will be saved in the savestate_path.

> 3) Should this "foo.uss" be automagically created when pressing F12+0
> (keypad)?

Yes.

> 4) Is there any other parameter I should include in the .uaerc in order to
> have the "save state" working?

No.

> Thanks and keep up the good work!

Thanks. I'll try.