[uae] SDL and Vsync

  • From: fari mueller <farimueller@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:59:52 +0100 (CET)

Found some information about the VSYNC support of SDL and it looks like SDL is
actually able to handle the Vsync. The main problem seems to be that it uses
the x11 video driver by default which is not able to do it. Therefore the
SDL_VIDEODRIVER variable has to be set to a suitable driver, for example dga or
directfb.
  http://www.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl/2003-October/057060.html
  Then you have to enable double buffering and SDL will allegedly do the rest.
  http://www.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl/2002-October/049550.html
  Can this be used to get rid of this annoying tearing problem in E-UAE?
How can I use it? Should I type export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dga in my shell before
starting uae or can I add it to the .uaerc? How to enable SDL_DOUBLEBUF is this
also a variable?
That would mean if I set SDL_VIDEODRIVER=dga and SDL_DOUBLEBUF=1 before
invoking E-UAE I might have it running?
I'll try to do this as soon as I have some time, but it would be great if
somebody with a bit more knowledge about this stuff could tell me if this
sounds reasonable of if I'm telling complete bullshit.
At least it should be somehow possible to get rid of this tearing problem which
is IMO one of the major glichtes in E-UAE at the moment.

  Frank

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!