[uae] Re: SCSI emulation fails on my A1 with 2.4.22 kernel

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 02:38:04 -0500

Hi Staf

On Sunday 02 May 2004 02:21 am, Staf Verhaegen wrote:
> Now cdrecord can't find my CDROM either:
> amigaone:~$ cdrecord -scanbus
> Cdrecord 1.10 (powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
> SchillingLinux sg driver version: 3.1.25
> cdrecord: Permission denied. Cannot open '/dev/sg2'. Cannot open SCSI
> driver.
> cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you
> are root.

Ah. I think the problem is that libscg (the SCSI layer used by cdrecord and
UAE) needs access to all existent /dev/sg* devices to be able to scan the
bus.

You could try this to find out. Set the UAE_SCSI_VERBOSE variable before
running UAE with

export UAE_SCSI_VERBOSE=1

This should log more information about what libscg is doing (although, don't
use this if the SCSI emulation is working as it seems to cause problems).