[uae] Pointer trails again (was Fwd: Observations)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:20:13 -0500

Hi All

Just received this email, which I'm forwarding here because it may shed some
light on Keith and Montag's pointer trail problems . . .

Guys, can you try out the fixed rtg.library from the WinUAE binary package and
report back as to whether this makes a difference or not?

Subject: Observations
Date: Thursday 11 March 2004 08:08 pm
From: John Hindle <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

uae-0.8.25-20040302
Athlon2000XP
512mb Ram
ATI Radeon 9700 AIW

        Using ATI`s proprietary graphics drivers the only and the default screen
resolution is 24bit display(needed for TVout).
        Running uae with more than 16mb of z3 mem causes a trailing mouse
pointer on
the 32bit bga workbench screen(8 and 32bit only selectable).
        If I use the Picasso RTG library from the latest Winuae Amiga programmes
directory on my setup, the problem disappears.
        However if I set up my ATI graphics driver to enable dga the mouse
pointer
 on UAE completely disappears when in fullscreen mode but is OK in windowed
 mode (although I have to make use of Mousehack for the mouse to be of any
 use).

Hope these observations are of some use.

Regards
John Hindle