[uae] Re: OS X preferences editor updated for 0.8.27

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 05:57:03 -0500

Hi Daniel

On Sunday 16 January 2005 05:36 am, Daniel Pimley wrote:

> I thought "real" was synonymous with a finegrain of "10752" and "max"
> with "0"?

No.

BTW, where did that number come from?

If you set a finegrain speed than UAE will run as if each opcode takes that
many emulation cycles to complete (no matter what the opcode being executed).
With real or max, the relative execution time of each opcode is emulated. The
difference between real and max is that with real the CPU emulation gets
roughly the same number of emulation cycles of execution time per frame as a
real 68000 would. With max, the CPU emulation executes opcodes continuously.
(and so can execute as many instructions per frame as the speed of the host
CPU will allow).

> So as long as I write finegrain after cpu_speed UAE sets it
> properly.

Yes. But if you reverse the order, it won't (I think - I haven't checked).

> Same goes for floppies - if I write nr_floppies and then
> floppy<n>type it works. If I only set nr_floppies UAE enables drives in
> the sequence df0, df1, df2, df3 (as far as I remember).

Yes. I imagine that's the case (I haven't checked). But again my point was the
writing nr_floppies and then the floppy<n>type options is redudant.

> My experience of floppy drives is based on A500 and A1200 with external
> drives. Did the A2000 have provisions for 2 internal drives? That would
> explain why the first external drive is always named df2.

Yes. ;-)

Cheers.