[uae] Re: OS X filenames (Re: Re: UAE doesnt seem to filter illegal filenames with colon in it)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:52:23 -0500

On Monday 12 July 2004 09:42 am, Richard Drummond wrote:
> Okay. I think I now how to solve this now. I was wrong before. The OS X
> libc does support UTF-8 (and HFS+ actually uses UTF-16 internally). So if
> the UAE virtual filesystem handler does the ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
> translation, then I think this should work.

Another point occurs to me (yes I'm talking to myself again). UAE currently
does no translation between character sets in filenames. This would lead me
to believe there may be similar problems on other platforms when using Amiga
filenames with characters in the $80-$FF range if your locale settings use
something other than ISO-8859-1. Can anybody verify this?