[uae] Re: OS X configuration editor for E-UAE

  • From: Daniel Pimley <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 00:12:54 +0000
On 4 Jan 2005, at 03:14, Richard Drummond wrote:

Actually, it shouldn't be that slow on a dual 800 MHz machine. I would have
thought it could manage something equivalent to the performance of an 040
machine.

I've got a 333 MHz G3 here, dragged down by a 45 MHz system bus and EDO RAM.
Count yourself lucky. ;-)

BTW, did you try 0.8.27-RC3? That should noticeably faster than earlier
releases.

I'm running RC3 now. Getting about 20 percent speed improvement, but that's still 20 percent too slow! Everything chugs along nicely until any kind of mass pixel redrawing is required (full screen animation, screen fade to black etc.) and then the frame rate dives from 50 down to 40 fps. As soon as the screen becomes more static fps picks up again. None of the CPU or graphics options makes a difference - the slowdown seems to have more to do with the custom chip emulation being inundated with commands.

Regards,
Daniel Pimley