[uae] Re: Newbiequestion: How to compile the sources?

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:09:48 +0100

Thank you Giulio and Richard,

on 25.03.04, you wrote:

;-)

> I use the following if you are interested:

> ./configure --with-sdl --with-sdl-gfx --disable-jit --disable-enforcer
> --with-caps
> --with-caps-prefix=/home/giulio/Sorgenti/uae-0.8.25-20040302/ipfdevlib_linux/
> CFLAGS="-march=pentium4"

> for a non-jit, to use jit toggle --disable-jit.

> CFLAGS are gcc optimization, see man gcc for a processor list.

Thanx, it works.

I was able to compile it but only without GUI (--disable-ui), but that doesn't
matter
for me.

I also could tweak something in the sourcecode that i wanted. It works for
me but i am not shure this is the right way.

My problem:

Most of the time i use UAE in a windowed display (not fullscreen) to run
Workbench applications.

I want the UAE window to be as big as possible - but also to fit the Linux
screen.

For example my Linux screen resolution is 1024x768. If i select the same
resolution for
the Workbench in UAE then the window on the Linux desktop gets bigger than the
Linux screen. The only way i found was to select the next smaller resolution
(i.e.800x600) for the Workbench, but thats way too small for me.

I solved that for myself by editing the resolution numbers on different
sourcecode files. I found resolution settings in picasso.c, svga.c, xwin.c
and sdlgfx.c and i added my prefered resolution by overwiring another
existing one. I did not care for picasso screen ID or somthing.

Is that OK or dangerous in any way (maybe i risk to burn my Monitor, or i broke
somthing in the code that i could not expect...i am no programmer and do not
know
what i do...