[uae] Re: Newbiequestion: How to compile the sources?

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:37:27 -0500

Hi Guilio, Karl

On Thursday 25 March 2004 12:55 pm, Giulio Canevari wrote:
> I use the following if you are interested:
>
> ./configure --with-sdl --with-sdl-gfx --disable-jit --disable-enforcer
> --with-caps
> --with-caps-prefix=/home/giulio/Sorgenti/uae-0.8.25-20040302/ipfdevlib_linu
>x/ CFLAGS="-march=pentium4"
>
> for a non-jit, to use jit toggle --disable-jit.
>
> CFLAGS are gcc optimization, see man gcc for a processor list.
>
> Hope this helps a bit,

The x86 build on the website was done similarly to Guililo describes above -
except for leaving out the --disable-jit option (building the JIT is default
on x86) and not supplying any processor-specific CFLAGS. Also, I enable SCSI
and CD32/CDTV support with the options:

--enable-scsi-device --enable-cd32 --enable-cdtv

An updated guide to compiling is long overdue.

Apologies for the slow reply and to anybody else that's been trying to get
hold of me this week. I've been really busy with work . . . Hopefully life
should get back to something closer to normal in a day or two - and I'll be
able to do a new UAE release.