[uae] Re: New source snapshot

  • From: Derek Piper <dcpiper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:07:42 -0500

Giulio Canevari wrote:

Richard Drummond wrote:

I'm not sure I followed that.

The last path used is remembered separately for each drive. Is that the problem?

In few words yes, imo it's better like in old versions.

I want to chime in too, I'd like to be able have all drives point to the same path (like Giulio), it makes it much quicker to load up games/programs with multiple disks. You find the path when inserting for DF0:, then for a disk in DF1:, you're already there for the next disk. Nice. For those with a lot of software I have a filesystem set up like software/A500/games/F/Future Wars (for example) it's much more helpful. While I'll start the emulation disk path in software/A500, that's still 3 directories until I get to disk images. Some sort of directory structure is important since one honking directory with 20,000 files on it would suck badly. Don't get me started on loading Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis .. (11 disks!) :D

Maybe it could be a config option for behaviour?

Derek