[uae] 'New' bsdsocket emulation (was Re: A bit of static/extern problems with GNU GCC 4.0.0)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 22:21:25 -0500

Hi Markku

On Friday 10 June 2005 10:57 am, Markku Sukanen wrote:
> The 'new' code
> doesn't crash e-uae, but it doesn't work too well either.  Basically it
> _seems to_ work - in a way that network apps don't outright complain
> about missing TCP/IP stack or alike - but eg. Voyager just sits there
> with a blank page (without reporting any errors).

Hmmm.

I done some more twiddling with this. I had a patch from Jeff from way back
that I hadn't applied yet (sorry, Jeff, if you're still here), which improves
the behaviour of the 'new' bsdsocket emulation. Also, I've reduced the
likelihood of race conditions which were occurring when multiple hostnames
were resolved. It seems to work fairly well here, now, at least on my set up.
AWeb, IBrowse (except for the usual filesystem problems with IBrowse), AmFTP,
AmTelent all work.

The updates are in CVS, but I'll provide a snapshot and some binaries for
those who don't fancy mucking about with CVS.