[uae] Re: New UAE frontend

  • From: Jakob Fromm Pedersen <fromm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:39:48 -0800

Giorgio Moscardi skrev:
Hi everyone,
a few days ago I discovered Lemonade, that nice WinUAE frontend. I was very annoyed by the fact that it is - as usual - closed source and Windows-only, so I sat down and started developing a similar program to address these issues.

You can see the first results here: http://www.sukkology.net/misc/screenshot56.png

Of course, the name "Orangeade" is a pun :). Better suggestions are welcome. Basically, my program tries to mix the data of the TOSEC and Lemonade databases, providing as many info as possible about every game.

Many things are not implemented yet. Actually, at the moment you can only browse the database like you see in the picture.

I'm just writing this mail to get some feedback. If anybody feels the program might be useful, please say so. I will continue development only if enough people will be interested in the program. Some help, would be appreciated, too ;).

Looks nice. What i'm missing currently with the EUAE is the ability to use the GUI when using my TVout, for disk changes and stuff like that. Once there was a discussion about making an fullscreen disk loader, and configuration, to you could use a special key to access these functions. Atm it is only possible for me to use 4 disks, and some of the nice games uses way more (Fate of Atlantis anyone :) ). Also a way of changing inputs (like switching from mouse to joystick and vice versa on either gameport. I don't know if Rich plans to implement any of these features in the EUAE from basic, but guess it is easier to implement using a frontend. One of the main reasons for me to use a non standard UI is the choice of different configurations attached to indivdual games, and the ability to use it fullscreen.

The way i was thinking of implementing it in my mediacenter was:
MythTV starts a frontend, where i can choose my game of choice. The frontend sets up EUAE and loads the first 4 disks. If i want to load another disk or change the inputs, i press a key combo, and bring up the frontend again, do the appropiate changes, and keycombo back to the game.

Cya!

Hope you could use this input for something.

/Regards Fromm