[uae] Re: More on the V-synced, Linux-based E-UAE

  • From: "Fabien Meghazi" <agr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:23:25 +0100

> Thanks people, and sorry for souch a LONG writing!

No worries. This is something I want to get working too.

I'm also concerned by V-Sync since I try to run a lot of emulators on
my arcade cabinet and I want perfect scrollings without tearing. For
mame, the only solution which allowed me to have a clean flickerless
screen is advancemame with frame buffer. I tried e-uae under
framebuffer but it didn't worked for me. Note, I should spend more
time in order to understand what's not working.

This issue should be fixed in SDL&xorg. OpenGL is able to vsync under
X, so why won't SDL ? In fact there's something that existed in X for
SYNC but it has never been used.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/FreedesktopProjects#head-cbcf7ae51d210c4ce6c53f74b6ecb4c2b26819b4

an old thread here

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-July/008491.html

A friend of mine is currently making some researches and pushing on
xorg list in order to get this issue resolved.

--
Fabien Meghazi

Website: http://www.amigrave.com
Email: agr@xxxxxxxxxxxx