[uae] Re: Missing sound channels

  • From: "Lex Landa" <brooknet@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 05:56:59 +0000

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:43:38 +0100, "Anders Andersson"
<pipatron@xxxxxxxxx> said:

> In long: Yes, each separate Amiga channel is only 8 bits...
> Finally if you add  both left and right 15-bit channels you
> will get a mono signal with 16 bits of resolution.

Thank you for explaining that - most interesting. So that's how those
high-quality sound output apps give an approximate 16-bit output when
running on 8-bit channels.  I always thought it was some deep Amiga
hardware magic like that.  I think I may be thinking of AHI (it was
quite a few years ago).

Lex