[uae] Re: MacOSX Intel supports JIT?

  • From: Anders Hasselqvist <hassel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:32:29 +0100 (MET)

Hi Richard

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Richard Drummond wrote:
Can you check what your comp_trust*= options are set to in your config file
(if they are set at all). I'm just looking at the code right now, and it

My comp_trust* was set to this when it crashes:
comp_trustword=indirect
comp_trustbyte=indirect
comp_trustlong=indirect

Changing it to indirectKS makes the crash go away.

You probably want to pass 'CFLAGS="-ggdb"' to configure to be able to get
worthwhile backtraces. Of course, if the crash occurs in code generated by
the JIT - which seems likely in this case - then traditional debugging tools
won't be of much use.

I tried stepping the source until the crash and after some time gdb printed a warning about possible stack corruption. So I guess the JIT trashes the stack during loading of kickstart when running in indirect mode.

Best regards,
--
Anders Hasselqvist