[uae] Re: Locking disk images in OSX

  • From: Jens Weichert <nexusle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 14:24:03 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Am 01.10.2006 um 14:15 schrieb Daniel Pimley:

Hi all,

I've been adding new features to Hi-Toro and I thought I should gather some comments and opinions on one new feature in particular. I've added the option to emulate the write-protect tab of a floppy disk by using the Finder to set the "locked" attribute of a disk file. I want to make this a persistent setting for each configuration so I've added a new configuration option:

osx.floppy<drive>lock=true/false

AFAIK the ability to lock a file without altering it's permissions is unique to OS X, so I've used the prefix "osx" instead of "unix". I could use "hi-toro" but I thought this option and method of write- protecting/enabling disk images might one day be supported within E- UAE.

I think this option is already in E-UAE. Read the WinUAE docs for the config entry. I'm not sure, but I think E-UAE has this option also.

I don't want to go ahead with this without getting feedback from Rich and others about the sanity, wisdom, implications, politics of adding a new configuration option.

Regards,
Daniel Pimley

greets
Jens