[uae] Re: Key problems on OS X

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 03:42:43 -0500

Hi Fred

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 02:53 am, Fred Itschner wrote:
> Here are keys that do'nt work as they should and the scan codes

Okay. Gotcha.

Alas, there seems to be no straightforward way of supporting your keyboard
layout without breaking others (I know of at least US and GB layouts). For
instance, on your keyboard the key which is documented to produce the 'grave'
scan code is actually the 'less than/greater than' key. Aaargh!

I think probably the best solution would be to produce a "d_mac" keymap driver
for AmigaOS - a keymap layout which you can install and use on AmigaOS on UAE
when running UAE with a German Mac OS keyboard (given the wackiness of Mac
keyboard layouts other international keymap drivers would probably be a good
idea too). Anybody know of a good keymap editor for AmigaOS?

Has anybody got any more information to add here? The current OS X raw
key-mapping seems to fit the documentation - but obviously isn't a good match
for the keyboards that are actually out there.