[uae] Re: How to get these characters on a PC keyboard under UAE

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 01:47:14 -0500

Hi Martin

On Friday 10 September 2004 11:38 am, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> We talkes about that "#" thingy and I think we concluded that if UAE
> pretents to the emulated AmigaOS that it has a Amiga keyboard not getting
> "#" right with the Amiga variant of a german keyboard should be fixed in
> UAE.
>
> This is the keycode in question:
>
> KeyRelease event, serial 28, synthetic NO, window 0x3600001,
>     root 0x3b, subw 0x0, time 2164449, (-303,-57), root:(493,479),
>     state 0x0, keycode 51 (keysym 0x23, numbersign), same_screen YES,
>     XLookupString gives 1 bytes:  "#"

Interesting. Keycode 51 is also produced by the backslash key.

Like the Mac keyboard problem reported by various people earlier, this one
comes under the heading of things I'm not going to fix right now (since it
would require significant changes).

It's obvious, though, that in some ways the keyboard problem is more difficult
than I though it was.