[uae] How to communicate with the host?

  • From: "Klaas.Lists" <kplists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:55:39 +0100

Hi,
  I have been an Amiga user since the beginning (of Amiga).
  Even today a lot of work is performed by my trusted old
  A4000.
  Because the A4000 is getting flakey, won't start sometimes
  or quits in the middle of processing, I need a more solid
  solution.
  I experimented with UAE, and that works quite well on my
  Macs. Games, my own software, Oberon compiler, ARexx all
  work well. But to replace the A4000 with UAE I need to be
  able to communicate, to get mailing lists and usenet info,
  and to save files on the host.
  I tried the BSD socket option, but that got me nowhere, Miami
  wouldn't start. And I really don't see how I can safe a file
  on a Mac disk from UAE.
  So basically what I need is some advice for how to get
  data in and out of an UAE setup, without using my A4000.
--
Klaas.