[uae] Re: How are things with uae and a gui?

  • From: "Anders Andersson" <pipatron@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:19:44 +0200

> But again, I don't get the question.  E-UAE has a gui when compiled with the
> gui option enabled and the GTK libraries installed.  (Chances are very good
> this is the case.)  On MorphOS, there are external GUI's (I don't use them
> much) and on osX, Hi-Toro is ...  Well let's just say I use Hi-Toro to make
> my configs for Linux and MorphOS, that's how good it is.
>
> So after all that confusion, let me ask a DIFFERENT question:
>
> What do you want the gui to allow you to configure?  (Or, if you don't care
> about configuration... what do you want the gui to DO?)

Let me hijack this thread, and make it into a wishlist! I'd like the
GUI to make it possible to add harddrive images, both in the style of
/dev/foo, but also hardfiles ripped from an Amiga disk. I have a
compact flash as my main harddrive on the Amiga, and when I travel I
use it as-is in e-uae. Each time I have to hand-hack the config for
this.

// pipe