[uae] Re: How are things with uae and a gui?

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:50:44 +0300

On Do, 15 Mai 2008, Dexter Filmore wrote:

> Especially gui - what's the situation on Linux?
>
> Dex

It has had one for years?

I don't get the question.  Of course, I also haven't used Windows in 8 years,
so these questions from people who say that they didn't know you could emulate
things without Windows tend to confuse the heck out of me.

Anyway, I use E-uae for coding and Amiga work whenever I have time, which I
tend to make time FOR.

I use E-uae on Linux and on osX, both PPC and Intel macs.  I also use it on my
MorphOS box.

But again, I don't get the question.  E-UAE has a gui when compiled with the
gui option enabled and the GTK libraries installed.  (Chances are very good
this is the case.)  On MorphOS, there are external GUI's (I don't use them
much) and on osX, Hi-Toro is ...  Well let's just say I use Hi-Toro to make my
configs for Linux and MorphOS, that's how good it is.

So after all that confusion, let me ask a DIFFERENT question:

What do you want the gui to allow you to configure?  (Or, if you don't care
about configuration... what do you want the gui to DO?)