[uae] Re: How are things with uae and a gui?

  • From: Mahendra Tallur <listes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:35:16 +0200

Especially gui - what's the situation on Linux?

Hi !

I would also be interested in learning about the e-uae status :)

Personally I use WinUAE through WINE under Linux ATM. It mostly works properly (bilinear filtering, VSync, JIT...) apart from a couple of minor issues (strange keyboard mapping, impossible to resume emulation after making the GUI pop up again, some slow gfx filters).

Actually, what I lack ATM is good VSync + OGL output in e-uae (still get tearing), but overall it works quite well :)

Also, a question I raised on a forum recently : is it completely impossible to get really smooth scrolling in 50 Hz PAL games using a 60 Hz screenmode ? (LCD screen :) Flippers with a fast vertical scrolling are quite ugly to look at :) Aren't some strange tricks used in video players for this purpose ?

Thanks for listening to my annoying blabbering !

cheers,
mahen