[uae] Hi-Toro source code available

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:46:29 +0100

Hello,

I have decided to make the source code for Hi-Toro 0.5.0 available under MIT license. There have been no updates to E-UAE for over a year, and so there has been no reason to update Hi-Toro. With OS X 10.6 come big changes to Applescript Studio, the language in which Hi- Toro was created. Hi-Toro should continue to work on OS X for the foreseeable future but eventually large parts of the code will need to be rewritten, as the old methods are deprecated. Considering that E- UAE shows all signs of being abandonware, I do not wish to take on the task.

Perhaps if E-UAE development restarts or a successor emerges, I will pick up Hi-Toro again, but in the meantime it seems only fair that I should leave you with the fruits of my labour (and that of Jens Weichert, who kindly provided the German translations.) I will continue to read this mailing list for as long as it exists. Especially, I hope to see a post from Richard Drummond, to know that he is well. Until then, I send my best wishes to you, Richard.

Regards,
Daniel Pimley

Précis:
Hi-Toro is a Mac OS X configuration editor for E-UAE. It provides an Aqua graphical user interface for you to make, open, save, modify and launch configurations, even configurations imported from WinUAE, or other UNIX variants of the emulator. Hi-Toro provides equivalent functionality to WinUAE's GUI.

Source code:
http://www.pimley.net/projects/downloads/Hi-Toro_Source.zip

Project page:
http://www.pimley.net/projects/