[uae] Re: Hardfiles

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:31:32 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 07:29 schrieb Keith G. Robertson-Turner:

> Dunno why, but I think you also need a 'hardfile2' entry, like mine:
>
> hardfile2=rw,:/home/kgr/amiga/hardfiles/Workbench.hdf,0,0,0,512,0,
> hardfile=rw,0,0,0,512,/home/kgr/amiga/hardfiles/Workbench.hdf
>
> Ignore the weird disk geometry of this disk. It's due to the fact that
> it's a RDB hardfile (so I could format it with PFS/3).
>
> What is this 'hardfile2' stuff anyway, or is this some kind of throwback
> to WinUAE?

Hello Keith,

well for Filesystem the Filesystem2 option is just the same as Filesystem with
an added field for the boot priority. I guess the old Filesystem option is
still there for compatibility with older UAE versions.

How do I setup an RDB hard file? I would like to try whether using a RDB
hardfile (preferably a harddisk partition) with SmartFilesystem speeds up
YAM.

I also tried whether UAE mounts the special Amithlon Amiga-in-a-partition
partition I created (MBR partition of type $76, 118). But neither
uaescsi.device nor uaehf.device displays it, there must be more magic
involved. I think its time to download the WinUAE documentation.

Regards,