[uae] Re: Hardfiles

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:38:18 +0200

Am Dienstag, 27. Juli 2004 17:23 schrieb Montag:
> On 07/26/2004, Martin wrote:
> > Just for testing I made /dev/hda9 world-writable. I created a 2 GB
> > hardfile with dd for Messages.hardfile.
>
> If I don't remember wrong, there's a 1GB limit for hardfiles.

Hello,

now I tried this. I used about 990 MB.

The only difference I found is that now even with "Idle on HALT instruction"
enabled HDToolBox scans uaehf.device and displays the hardfile. But after
selecting it and select "Install drive" nothing happens.

Well and with "Idle on HALT instruction" enabled its just as before.

Something is really fishy here.

Now as a last last resort I try that special fake RDB hardfiles Toni
mentioned.

I want to get this to work finally.

Regards