[uae] Re: Hardfile Issues

  • From: alex <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 03:02:32 +1000

Hi All,

I managed to make some observations regarding this, firstly I thought that my 1.7Ghz celeron laptop perhaps wasnt fast enough, so I built e-uae on a machine with a Dual core EMT64 3Ghz processor on FreeBSD 6.2, the hardfile performance was
absolutely identical, not one bit faster!

I decided to make a new hardfiles (512MB RDB file) which I managed to partition under OS3.9 after a dozen attempts of opening HDToolbox until it finally didn't crash (under OS3.1's HDToolbox nothing showed up at all!), then my hardfile showed up, partitioned it, formatted, then installed OS 3.1. The hardfile access speed is not too bad, installed OS 3.9, hardfile performance was dreadful, almost unbearable, I'm not sure whats changed in that the performance is so bad.

I did turn off the directory cache before I formatted, so I know thats not the problem either.

Anyone else having this issue? Or am i just the odd unlucky person? lol.