[uae] Re: General questions about e-uae

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:18:18 +0300

On Do, 26 Jul 2007, alex wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Some Question on e-uae:
>
> 1) Is it possible to mount an ISO image as a cdrom, if so how?

What I generally do is mount the iso image via the OS's loopback facility, and
use the directory in a standard 'filesystem' mountpoint: a la 'CD0' ... same as
with a regular read/write folder.

This is a heck of a lot easier than messing about with drivers inside the
emulated Amiga.

I have done this repeatedly with my 3.5, 3.9, and Amiga Forever CD's.

> 2) Will kickstart 3.1 support booting from cd's?

I _believe_ this depends on having a scsi cdrom.  I _have_ seen it done on a
real amiga, heck I've done it.  But only via scsi.  I do not know if it works
if the device is on the ide port.

I can't answer the MMU question but I swear there is one emulated. I'll leave
that to someone else though (: