[uae] Re: Fwd: When does YAM rebuild its indexes?

  • From: Montag <montag@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:58:41 +0500

On 07/23/2004, Martin wrote:

> Anybody running YAM on Richard's UAE 0.8.25 port on a daily basis with
> decent speed and without spontaneous rebuilds of indexes on every new
> start? I would like to compare setups.

With UAE 0.8.23/25 I had YAM sporadically rebuilding its indexes, but not on
every start.
I think it could be a problem related to the use of some protection bits
lost because of the Linux filesystem - something similar to what happens
with IBrowse cache - so I'm building a new box using hardfiles to see if
the problem remain.
I'll let you know the result of my experiment.

Ciao

--
S+E