[uae] Fwd: When does YAM rebuild its indexes?

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:54:44 +0200

Hello,

this is what I posted to the YAM mailing list to bring more light into the YAM
insists on rebuilding indexes system. Unfortunately I did not yet get the
post back so I am unsure whether the YAM mailing list is operational.

I just also wanted to ask here:

Anybody running YAM on Richard's UAE 0.8.25 port on a daily basis with decent
speed and without spontaneous rebuilds of indexes on every new start? I would
like to compare setups.

I like to resolve this soon.

Regards,
Martin

Subject: When does YAM rebuild its indexes?
Date: Donnerstag, 22. Juli 2004 20:46
From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: yam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I am currently debugging a problem, where YAM insists on recreating the
indexes of some mail folders everytime I start it. Its happening under Rich's
UAE port 0.8.25 under Debian Linux with SGI's XFS as host filing system on an
used IBM ThinkPad T23 I got cheeply. I just copied my YAM messagebase from my
A4000 to the laptop.

Currently I have some Amiga clock synchronizations problems with that setup.
Either the Amiga clock goes to fast or when I use "timehack" on the Amiga
side, its going alright but its 2 hours off since the hardware clock is set
to UTC.

When YAM recreates the indexes of several folders during startup it also
looses the mail attributes. All e-mails are marked as unread then. Well I
don't think that this attribute is save in the filecomments, but I made sure
that the files where copied with Amiga protection bits and file comments.

Now I wonder whether YAM just rebuilds indexes cause of the wrong going clock
or whether there might be another problem that for example UAE does not run
reliably under SGI's XFS? I did not experience any other problem till now
tough.

Anyone here you runs YAM under UAE and had this problem? In the end of my
 time at H&P I used an Amithlon machine with YAM and there were no problems.

Next thing I will try is getting that clock synchronization issue fixed (I
 got a UAE patch from Toni Wilen), install SnoopDOS and try to setup a RDB
 hardfile or real partition for the Amiga to test whether it works
differently.

Regards,