[uae] Re: Fwd: Re: uae documentation

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 09:49:09 -0500

On Saturday 17 July 2004 08:29 am, Karl Dietrich Bamler wrote:
> In Mandrake 10 for example they hacked cdrecord and ohter burning
> programs to work without ide-scsi drivers. So saying "if cdrecord works on
> your system then the scsi emulation should also work" is not right anymore.

I'm not familiar with Mandrake 10, but if it uses a 2.6 kernel, then SCSI
emulation under UAE should be no problem either. Set:

export UAE_SCSI_DEVICE=ATAPI

before running UAE. (This will make UAE/libscg use the kernel's ATA packet
interface directly without the need for the ide-scsi module. It only works
with 2.6 kernels, though. This should be a configuration option, eventually.)