[uae] Re: E-UAE on Palm

  • From: Henk Jonas <MetaView@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:01:53 +0200

Hi,

here I am. 7,4 MB is not enough for sure. You need first more free memory (8 better 9 MB) which has to be dynamic memory. I guess the Zire 72 doesn't have enough free dynamic memory, therefore you may try UMHD. The need for such a huge amount of free dynamic memory can not be solved easily. There are struct which could go to storage memory (I think of Kickmemory and instruction table), but therefore I would have to rearrange quite a lot of things in the Palm OS version of E-UAE. I don't know if I will be able to do it without breaking everything.

http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=21321
Is the recent forum about MyUAE (Palm OS verison of E-UAE).

Regards
Henk

Simon Dick wrote:
On 4/13/05, Floyd Resler <macmage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe this has been covered before, but I can't remember the solution.
When I launch E-UAE on my Palm, I get a "cannot sys_alloc 524288 Bytes"
error.  I have a Palm Zire 72 with 7,4MB free.

I'd say that's due to lack of memory, I seem to remember the author
saying that at *least* 8mb dynamic memory. Using UMHD may be an option
for you if you can clear more memory . The author is on this list, but
he seems to be more active here:
http://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=21275

  metaview@xxxxxx                                   www.metaviewsoft.de