[uae] Re: E-UAE for Intel Macs

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:06:46 -0400

Hi Dennis

On Sunday 23 April 2006 19:24, Dennis Smith wrote:
>   I don't think there has been a JIT for Euae per se.

E-UAE does have a JIT for x86 systems. It works on Linux/Unix, BeOS and AROS
at the moment. I see no reason why it would not also work on OS X/x86.

>   JIT in OS4
> kind of refers to Petunia! This was presented in OS4 update#4.
> Richard?

Nope. E-UAE cannot use Petunia on OS4.0. Petunia would need to provide an API
where it could compile and launch code in E-UAE's virtual address space and
provide some means of giving control back to E-UAE periodically (not just
running a function until it hits an RTS).

> I recently tested the IconBeFast patch in Euae on my OS39 SFS
> and I noticed the 256 color icon speed up; 800x600 32bit uaegfx.
> Nice :)

IconBeFast patch? What's that?