[uae] Re: E-UAE How to quit in Linux

  • From: Andrew 'Truck' Holland <truck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 17:20:30 +0300

On Di, 05 Aug 2008, Klaas. wrote:

[mow]

> Andrew,
>
>    Like you I use PF11 on my Macs. But on Linux
>    the documentation states PF12 (and yes I have
>    the documentation).
>    I tried  xen  on the Amiga (E-UAE) and it can't
>    find it. Now if trhis is a Linux command then
>    it is no use as for now the only way I can get
>    out of my E-UAE on Linux is by forcing the Mac
>    down (yes with the power button), so I really
>    need a solution/better hint.

Um, ssh over and kill the e-uae process?
control-alt-backspace to kill X?

Those are both better solutions than a powerdown (:  Still not good, but better
than powering off.

If you mounted the amiga utilities folder, there's uaecontrol, which has a
'quit.' But again, you'll need to have that folder mounted inside the amiga.
If you don't have it mounted, but have bsdsocket emulation on, and have a
browser for the amiga (long shot here) you could go to aminet and get one of
the uaecontrol programs and quit from there...

xev:

xev (note the v, not an n) is an Xwindows command (BSD,Unix,Unix-likes) that
determines what EVents take place under Xwindows.  It includes things like
telling you what keys were pressed, and what 'modifiers' were used (and can
tell you if you have a 'super' key or if your machine thinks it only has
'mod-4' and the like.)