[uae] Re: E-UAE How to quit in Linux

  • From: "Klaas." <kplists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew 'Truck' Holland" <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:44:59 +0100

Op 05-aug-08 schreef Andrew 'Truck' Holland:

>On Di, 05 Aug 2008, Klaas. wrote:

>> Hello,
>>   I am a long time E-UAE user on Mac OSX.
>>   Now I am converting some of my PPC Macs
>>   to Linux (openSuse) and will try to use
>>   E-UAE in that environment.
>>   I have installed the latest (WIP4) and
>>   that went quite well. But now I have
>>   some problems:
>>   - I can't find the magic keycombination
>>     to quit. PF12+Q does nothing, just as
>>     all the other 1000 or so combinations
>>     I have tried.

>Um, the combination on my osX boxen is F11+Q.  F12 is eject on a lot of
>keyboards... and I have not altered the source, so I don't know how F12 was
>working for you on osX.

>But on all my linux builds, the key to use is, in fact, F12.

>>     I assume there must be a parameter I
>>     have to set but where?

>keyboard.txt details what keys to press, and other items dealing with the
>keyboard.  Look in (probably)  /usr/share/docs/e-uae  - or wherever Suse puts
>the documentations.

>>     - sdl.map_raw_key is set to true.
>>
>>     I also noted that the menu in my
>>     applications don't come up with the
>>     usual key combination.

>Um, see what 'xev' is saying when you press your keys.  If it's not reading
>them as the events you'd expect, it's not sending what you expect to _any_
>application.

Andrew,

   Like you I use PF11 on my Macs. But on Linux
   the documentation states PF12 (and yes I have
   the documentation).
   I tried  xen  on the Amiga (E-UAE) and it can't
   find it. Now if trhis is a Linux command then
   it is no use as for now the only way I can get
   out of my E-UAE on Linux is by forcing the Mac
   down (yes with the power button), so I really
   need a solution/better hint.

thank you,
  Klaas Punt