[uae] Re: E-UAE 0.8.27-RC3

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:28:28 -0500

Hi kadi

On Monday 13 December 2004 07:36 pm, Karl Dietrich Bamler wrote:
> IBrowse keeps crashing after a while, somtimes i can surf two houers,
> somtimes some minutes only.

Hmmmm.

> I also tryed to reduce the simultaneous server connections to 8 threads or
> less, but even with 4 threads only IB crases sooner or later.
>
> But there is a difference betwen the two BSDsocket emulations:
>
> 1) With the new one from WinUAE the whole Emulator gets frozen, i have to
> kick the task to get rid of it.
>
> 2) With the old bsbsocket emulation UAE kicks itself.

Yeah. The "new" WinUAE-based bsdsocket emulation is rather less
system-friendly, so when it bombs it's likely to do so more
spectacularly. ;-)

> What can i do to help? Is there something i can test? Compile with a debug
> option or somethin like this? (i am no programmer, so please guide me and
> don't expect much knowledge)

If you know how to use gdb then a report of where the IBrowse fault occurs
would be helpful (with the cache not hosted on a virtual filesystem).

Cheers,
Rich