[uae] Re: E-UAE 0.8.27-RC3

  • From: Karl Dietrich Bamler <amiga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 01:36:13 +0100

On Sunday 12 December 2004 07:33, Richard Drummond wrote:

> Yeah. Did you try the recent fix for the IBrowse prefs MCC? See
> http://www.ibrowse-dev.net/resources.php

> It may help.

Yes, i've already installed this patch, apparently this isn't the problem.

I tryed to set the whole cache to the Amiga ramdisk, but even this has no
effect on the problem.

IBrowse keeps crashing after a while, somtimes i can surf two houers, somtimes
some minutes only.

I also tryed to reduce the simultaneous server connections to 8 threads or
less, but even with 4 threads only IB crases sooner or later.

But there is a difference betwen the two BSDsocket emulations:

1) With the new one from WinUAE the whole Emulator gets frozen, i have to kick
the task to get rid of it.

2) With the old bsbsocket emulation UAE kicks itself.

What can i do to help? Is there something i can test? Compile with a debug
option or somethin like this? (i am no programmer, so please guide me and
don't expect much knowledge)

thanks,

kadi