[uae] Re: Custom Keys

  • From: "Rune Kg" <rune_kg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:38:08 +0200

From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Rune

> One feature I would like to include is the making
> of (pr. game ) custom keys, because that seems to be neccessary to get the
> fullest fun out of many games.

Um. Not sure what you mean by that. Can you give an example?

Sure. As most of us here at some point i've been very involved in playing amiga games, so there is just >some games that HAS to have the same keymaping as they did back in the days. Take 'Gravity Force', >which I always used to play on the keyboard. The problem today is that left and right button is reversed >because my 'fn' button is sitting to the left of my 'windows' and not the opposite. For several other >games, I would also like to change the 84620 on the numpad to 54620, because the unused 5 in the >middle really messes up my motorskills:)

> But from googling a lot on the internet,
> this seems seems to be impossible with the e-uad at the moment. Can anyone
> please confirm that that is the case?

You can configure the key-mapping of regular keys via the config file (but
it's not easy to do). The control keys (such as F12 + 's' to switch between
windowed and full-screeen modes) are not configurable at the moment.

Really???...That sounds great. Is that feature documented somewhere, or could you shed some light >on it here? The control keys can stay fixed 'til hell freezes over, witout any tears from this cat:)

Thx for your reply. CYA

Rune Kaagaard
Copenhagen